DRCET was born in 2004 to help the people of Yoker, Scotstoun and Whiteinch in the West of Glasgow implement their 20 year Environmental Vision. Since that time we have gone on to deliver a wide range of projects and services, many of which have contributed to the Environmental Vision. In addition we now operate over a wider area which incorporates the West and West and Central Community Planning Partnership areas.
Vision and Mission
Our vision is of vibrant, thriving and resilient communities where people are inspired and empowered to get active, get involved and make a difference for their communities, future generations and the planet.
Our mission is to protect and enhance the local environment and to increase the wellbeing and resilience of local people and communities.
Our current objectives are:
- To protect and enhance the local environment
- To increase the wellbeing and resilience of local people and communities
- To be an excellent organisation that delivers high quality services and added value to the people and communities we serve
Our current themes are:
- Sustainable Spaces
- Sustainable Food
- Sustainable Travel and Connections
- Sustainable Resources
- Sustainable Energy
- Sustainable Buildings
We also strive hard to provide volunteering and training opportuntiies for local people as well as supporting and strengthening the local economy in all the work that we do.
The DRCET team is made up of 4 volunteer directors, 3 staff, sessional workers and volunteers who help deliver the wide range of work that we do.
DRCET is currently supported by a range of funders. Our core work is funded through the Integrated Grants Fund, which is coordinated by the Community Planning Partnership. We currently work under the Physical Regeneration, Open Spaces and Environment (PROSE) Programme. We gratefully acknowledge the support of all our funders.
We are governed by a board of volunteer directors who are responsible for the governance and strategy of DRCET. They are responsible for making sure that DRCET is administered effectively and can account for our activities and outcomes. The board is elected every year by our members at our Annual General Meeting.
DRCET is a membership organisation. If you are interested in joining then please complete our online membership form or contact the main office.
Annual Reports & Accounts
Current reports and accounts…
- DRCET_Environmental Impact Report 2011-12
Previous reports and accounts…
- 2010/11 – DRCET_AnnualReport_2010-11 and DRCET_Accounts_2010-11
- 2009/10 - DRCET_AnnualReport_2009-10 and DRCET_Accounts_2009-10
- 2008/09 - DRCET_AnnualReport_2008-09 and DRCET_Accounts_2008-09
- 2007/08 - DRCET_AnnualReport_2007-08 and DRCET_Accounts_2007-08
- 2006/07 - DRCET_AnnualReport_2006-07 and DRCET_Accounts_2006-07
- 2005/06 - DRCET_AnnualReport_2005-06 and DRCET_Accounts_2005-06
You can download our information leaflet here DRCET_Leaflet_LowRes_Final_May12, which also includes a membership form if you want to join.
DRCET is a recognised Scottish Charity and a Company Limited by Guarantee registered in Scotland. As such we are regulated by both Companies House and OSCR (Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator). You can view our entry on the Scottish Charity register here (Charity No SC035954)